The integration between Shopify and Telr enables seamless transactions by connecting Shopify's fully hosted shopping cart with external payment gateways. To successfully complete the integration, follow these simple steps:
- Obtain your Telr Store ID and Authentication Key from the configuration screen for V2 hosted payment pages in the Telradmin system.
- Install the "Telr" payment app on Shopify by following one of the two options below:
- Log in to the Shopify merchant admin.
- Go to Settings > Payments.
- Click on "Add payment methods."
- Select "Search by provider" and type "Telr" in the search field.
- Choose "Telr" from the search results.
- Ensure that your Shopify system uses the same currency as your merchant account.
- Enter only the numeric part of your Store ID into the Shopify configuration.
- Click "Activate" and follow the instructions
- Open a new browser tab and paste the following installation link to install the "TelrApp" in your store: https://accounts.shopify.com/store-login?redirect=settings%2Fpayments%2Falternative-providers%2F3211265
- Follow the screenshots provided below for reference:
- Click on the "Connect" button.
- Click on the "Install App" button.
- Click on the "Manage" button to redirect to the Telr merchant page.
- Log in to your Telrmerchant dashboard at https://secure.telr.com/merchant/> and follow the steps below:
- Click on the Integration tab and select "Payment Page V2" from the left panel.
- In the "Shopify configuration" section, enter your Shopify domain name (e.g., "test-store-myshopify.com").
- Refresh the browser page from step c) and click on the "Activate" button.
- Verify that "<<" appears in Settings > Payments.
- Use "Telr" as a payment option to process payments for different orders.
This step is only necessary if you're not transacting from Shopify but from your own website. In such cases, please contact Telr Support ( [email protected]) with your domain name and store details.
To uninstall the Telr Payment App, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Payments in your Shopify dashboard.
- Click on "Manage" in front of "Telr."
- Click "Deactivate Telr."
- Finally, click on "Uninstall Telr."
The payment page can be customised through the use of a CSS file. The core page display is based on the BootStrap 3 responsive layout. You should ensure that you are familiar with the underlying styles used within Bootstrap before making any CSS changes. For more details please check the Hosted Payment Page integration guide.
After the consumer enters their card details, the payment gateway will check to see if that card is enrolled as part of the Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode authentication systems (known as 3D-Secure).
If the card is part of one of these authentication systems, then an additional page is displayed which requires the relevant authentication details to be entered. This is usually in the form of a password that has been assigned by the consumer or via a one-time code sent to the customers mobile.
The actual data entry section is presented directly by the card issuer and cannot be customised. It is generally displayed on a white background. Where possible the 3D-Secure authentication form is displayed over the payment page, allowing the customer to see that it is clearly part of the payment process.
Before processing live transactions, ensure that the IP details of your Shopify server are entered into the Payment Page V2 configuration in the Telr Merchant Administration System.